Monday, July 28, 2008

small town iowa on the 4th of July



I typically go home to Iowa around the 4th of July. There is nothing like a small town parade. Every car lot in town displays every car they have for sale on the lot. Farmers show off their antique tractors. Kids decorate and ride their bikes. Basball and softball teams ride floats. The Osceola Volunteer Fire Department and Firefighters spray the crowd, ladies in purple hats, churches, the high school band and colorgurad march to the beat of the Clarke Community High Schoool fight song...I sure don't miss carrying the tuba on my shoulder! All the clubs and organizations, and even the banks and grocery stores join the parade. The entire county line the the square and swelter in the hot, summer 4th of July sun to watch the parade....I go just to see Kim, Austin, Nick and Kelli do their Tae-Kwon-Do forms in the parade.


I absolutely cannot resist sharing the cheeky baby!!!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

What a cutie Karina is! What round little cheeks. So sweet.