Growing up, dad played in numerous bands. Often, our relatives and his pickin' buddies would come over to our house for what I call "honky tonk sessions". Two of my favorite songs are Tennessee Studd and You Are My Sunshine. I have several cds with a bazillion songs that the Headin' South Band used to play. On one of the cds is Tennessee Studd. I wanted Nick and Kelli to make a song memory, to which was Tenneesee Studd. We listened to the song a trazillion times. They learned it, loved the chorus. Everytime we got in the jeep, the begged to listen to the song. We practiced the song on our drive back to Iowa. They wanted to master the song so they could sing it for and with grandpa. I am going to attempt to add a video of Nick singing the chorus to Tenneesee Studd.
1 comment:
Ahhh...listening to the Tennessee Stud brings back so many memories. Pulled at my heart strings a little and a few tears leaked out. I miss the good ol' days!
Post a Comment