Saturday, September 6, 2008

The two Mavericks


Disclaimer (Nate): This is not a political plug. This is not a post in favor of any Presidential canidate...It is just a post about our Saturday afternoon.
Proud to be an American
Senator McCain and Governor Palin were in Colorado Springs today. They spoke a the Jet Center (a hanger for small planes). Tickets were free, so Michael and I decided it would be fun to go and a neat experience for Mikey and Catherine....Unfortunately, Mikey and Catherine did not enjoy standing in a crowd of a bazillion or more people in the blazing hot Colorado sun any more than I did. The neatest part for me was the dedication for the Viet Nam Vets and an inside story from a fellow POW soldier about Senator McCain's POW experience.

The walk to the Jet Center.
More walking with lots more people.

Mikey hiding from the sun.
Flag face Catherine.
Michael finally lets me take a decent picture of him.
This video is the story about John McCain in the POW camp. I was much too short and much too far away to get a video of the speaker, so I just pointed the camera at the ground, but I got the story.