Friday, July 1, 2011

Celebrations

A post or two a go, I started to write about the treasures in my life. This idea was inspired by my dearest friend, Allison. Today, I was thinking that I should do a post(s) celebrating the small things. So often, our days are filled with things that get us down, sometimes are are overcome with anger, frustration and we have a difficult time finding things to celebrate.

Allison and Mark's story, along with Stephanie and Travis' journey with Samantha has shined a new light of hope into my heart. Through their stories of trials, fears and sorrow, they each shine a brilliant light of love, hope, joy and peace through their faith and trust in God. Needless to say, my faith has been renewed, and each day, God is refining me and teaching me things through their stories and through my own.

Before I go on with my celebrations, I want to encourage you to read Allison and Stephanie's blogs. You can click on their links from my page. Easy-cheesy-lemon squeezy. Another thing I want to encourage you to do is to read Stephanie and Travis' CaringBridge journal they have for Samantha. You can read the journal history and follow Samantha's life and be touched by the faith, trust, love and hope that Stephanie and Travis hold onto each and every moment of life. Follow this link to read Samantha's story on CaringBridge: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/samanthapittock
Finally, loved ones, I encourage you to pray for healing for Allison and Mark and for Stephine, Travis and Samantha.

I want to share with you some small celebrations that are happening in my life.
To start off, I want to celebrate my sister, Kari. She found herself a wonderful man and they got married on June 18.


Pop walking Kari down the aisle.

The whole klan (minus Sam since he was sleeping)

We traveled to Iowa and back and while there, Mikey experienced his "first love", or twitterpation as I like to call it.

Chellsea and Mikey...before Mikey really knew that he was twitterpated.
(There is a rather amusing tale to this little love story. I shall share it another post and will hold back not one amusing detail).

While in Iowa, we got to meet Sam, my youngest nephew, for the first time. We fell in love with him.

Gramps and Sam. Sam is doing his "jump and growl"

I learned that Mikey has a wonderful way with children of all ages! My friends Jill and Adam and Carrie and Brandon and Carrie's folks finally got to meet my husband and kids.

My dad took us fishing and Catherine and Mikey experienced the serene beauty and peace of a lake on a hot summer day. They also experienced the thrill of baiting their hook, casting their line and reeling in their first fish!

Catherine's first fish. She's not quite what sure to do next. Good thing Nick and Austin were there to help! They always know just what to do when it comes to fishin'!


There are many more treasures to celebrate, but that is all for now. I will close with a verse that I find to be a wonderful treasure. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things...Put it into practice and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

No comments: