Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I love you Granny and Pop!

Dear Granny and Pop,
Mommy says that you're not going to be able to come out here next weekend. Poopy-doo on the hot weather! She told me every day that you would be coming out, and we were all looking forward to your visit. Like mommy says, we will look forward to your visit in September!

I know you miss me and sure wish you could see me grow up like you've watched Austin, Nick, Kelli, Karina and Sam grow up. Mommy is trying to keep up on pictures and videos of me (and Mikey and Catherine when they let her) so you can watch me grow up here....It's hard to keep up with me, though--especially when she is pounding her text books on the desk and yelling at the computer screen trying to figure out what all those numbers, letters and symbols mean in statistics! She's kinda funny to watch when she doesn't know what she's doing. I sit on the floor next to her chair and giggle at her!

Mommy talks about you a lot, she sure misses you and wishes Colorado and Iowa were closer. She still thinks that Nebraska needs to be picked up and moved to some other location---NOT between Iowa and Colorado! She misses you a super lot around the 4th of July and Christmastime. She told me all about the reeeeealy long parade, with cars, clowns, tractors, the band and pooping horses! She told me all about how her cousins and aunts and uncles would come over to your house and play music and have lots of fun. I hope I get to visit you for the 4th of July when I am older! She always tells me that I am her precious and perfect Christmas gift! One day I will know what that means. For now, I just smile real big at her when she tells me that!

I can't wait to be big enough to eat all of  your yummy cooking, Granny! Mommy and Catherine tell me how yummy your food is! Mommy also tells me about McGoofy's Garage. Mommy hasn't taken me fishin' yet, I think she is waiting for you to come out here, Pop! Mommy also sings songs to me, songs that she says she listened to growing up, like, Rainbow Stew, and Mountain Music (she plays that one in the car a lot). Will you teach me how to play the guitar, Pop? I want you to sing You Are My Sunshine to me so I can sing it to mommy like she sings it to me, like you sang it to her.

Mommy misses having her sisters and my cousins around. She misses all of her aunts and uncles and cousins.     She especially misses Uncle Chuck! I wish I could have my aunts around so I know what it is like to have aunts and uncles like Austin, Nick, Kelli, Karina and Sam do.

There are a lot of wishes, but really, there are more blessings. All the miles and time that seperates us will just make our time together much more special.

I love you, Granny and Pop
I love you Aunt Kimmy and Aunt Kari and Uncle Johnny
I love you Bubba Mater
I love you Nacho Taco
I love you Jellybean
I love you Bubble Bean
I love you Sam

















No comments: