Monday, July 28, 2008

The Aquatic Center

Osceola is moving up in the world...I would guess, maybe around 5-10 years ago, we got a Casino Boat on one of our lakes. The town also opened several new gas stations (Casey's and BP) and restraunts (Arbys, Taco Bell/KFC)---while others closed down (Hardee's, A &W). Wal-Mart recently opned a super small Super Wal-Mart. I also noticed a Harley Davidson store and a winery. My little home town is truning into a booming metropolis.

Kids growing up in Osceola nowadays have a much more luxurious swimming experience than Kim, Kari and I had. Osceola now has an Aquatic Center. There is a twisty turny water slide and diving board. You can walk into the pool where the water is shallow, there are water spray thingys and the pool gradually gets deeper. Quite like their mother and aunts, Austin, Nick and Kelli pretty much live at the pool. I don't think they needed swimming lessons anymore than we did. Swimming was second nature to us and it is second nature to them.

One of my favorite things to do when I go home, is go to the pool with the water bugs. It is just so much stinkin' fun!!!
Doesn't it look like Austin just farted or is trying to fart?
Nestea plunge? (Does she know what the Nestea plunge is?)

If you look carefully, they are not only holding hands, but they are smiling!!!

I had a mission to recreate a photo that I snapped of Nick and Kelli last summer. I wanted all three of them, but you know how children are when you want to stage something...I rarely works.
This is the picture I caught last summer. It is one of my most favoritest photos. It captures such innocent childish joy!!!



2 comments:

Claudia said...

Holding hands AND smiling. And you have the proof on film. A moment for history! :)

Mrs. Wing's First and Second Grade Class said...

We've been watching for more updates! :) How are things going? We are doing well. Congratulations on the engagement!!!
Sara + 4