Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bubba Mater

Bubba Mater is full of hilarious antics...Stories, comments, questions, logic, gas, songs...You name, he can make it funny.

When he found out that Michael and I were going to get married, he called to tell me that Aunt Kari spilled the beans about our news and that he'd made up a song for us. He started out with a gruff duuuum-da-da-duuuum-da-da-duuuum to the Star Wars theme. He stops and starts humming an unrecognizable tune and then says "Oh shoot! Wait, no! Hold on!" (Like he was really talking to me and I might hang up)...Then he starts humming and singing the Here comes the bride tune as only Austin can do. Of course I still have it saved on my voice mail and anytime I need a laugh, I listen to it.
Just a few of my most favoritest pictures of Austin.

I started a tradition with Austin...Every summer we go out to East Lake Park to do photographs.
As the years have passed, I take all four of them, (sometimes to Q Pond for a change of scenery). When Austin was about eight or nine he complained about going out to East Lake to do picures. He thought it was dumb that we do the same thing every year...He thought I had enough picures and didn't understand why I needed more....Now, though, it is the first thing he asks to do when I come home. And he HOUNDS me until we do.
Grandpa took Ausin, Nick and I fishing at Q Pond. Austin was more concerned with finding flowers for me than he was fishing. Thus far, this photo is my absolute favorite photo of Austin.
Wish I had some baseball pictures to share. Baseball was never a sport Austin found much fun in. I suppose becasue it was a slow moving game, and well Austin is much too busy to be slow. If he is bored, he finds his own fun. Playing baseball (or T-ball) when he was to be in the outfield or on a base, he has his own personal coach out there with him. If the game wasn't exciting, he made it exciting...I have photos of him doing a bellydance on first base! Only Austin.
Soccer is a better sport for Austin. Faster paced, but he actually has to pay attention and exert some energy in order to play. So, maybe Tae-Kwon-Do is the best sport for him right now.
Everytime I come home, they all beg me to sleep with them. That just isn't so comfortable anymore. They are getting too big and too old for that. Besides, me and one of them on a twin bed...Don't think so. The are so darling when they are sleeping. I just wanna cuddle with him and kiss his chubby pink cheeks off!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whatever happened to the little blond,blue-eyed boy,it seems a life=time ago. My eyes got a good washing out looking at those pictures. If I could be granted one wish it would be to go back in time for an hour and spend it with all my children and grandchildren when they were small children. Mom

Katie said...

Mom,
If I could go back in time, I would like to spend more time with you and dad too. I love and miss you both so much.