Next to grocery shopping (at Alidis or Fareway), garage saling is my favorite thing to do with my mommy. I have very fond memoires of grocery shopping and garage saling with mom and sisters...I am not so sure mom's memories are quite as fond!
Garage saling with mom is an adventure not to be missed. And the older she gets, the more crazed and adventorous she gets! We used to laugh and warn everyone when Grandma McVey was driving around town...Now we should warn West Des Moines drivers to beware of the new Granny McVey roaming the streets of town on summer Saturday mornings!
When I go home I always go garage saling with mom at least once. This year, I got to go with mom and Aunt Pam! A real treat! And to top it all off, I purchased the most funnest game in the whole world! I am sure I am one of the few that believe this game to be a treasure among games.
For the bargain price of $3, I bought a game called Humdinger...one of the many Cranium games.
So, in this game is a pile of cards with song titles and artists, two kazoos and a timer. You have to hum the song in the kazoo and the other person has to guess the song/artist before time runs out. Well, being the crazy fun gal that I am, I just could not wait to start humming away. I had the songs, I had the kazoos and I had two participants. Unfortunatley Mom and Aunt Pam did not share my enthusiasm for the game. I pushed my luck and amusement as far as I could...I resolved myself to the fact that I would have to enjoy the game with me, myself and I....Until I woke up Sunday morning to Kari snoring on her couch...I could not be quiet for long, nor could I think of a better way to wake her up than with the humming kazoos.
Alas, I found someone who got as much of a kick out of the game as I did. We honked and hummed away on the kazoos. We went though all the songs and then a few of our own. It was a good late morning laugh!!!! Sadly, I did not get any videos of our outrageous honky-tonkin' hums. But...I did get a video of Michael humming....Hope you are better at naming the tune than I was.
3 comments:
I can't name that tune yet, but I will. I will have it named by the end of the day. You just wait! Love Big Sis!
I can name that tune, the Bealtes, "
Yesterday" Ha, beat ya, Kari. Mom's mind is not completely blank yet, especially if it requires memory banks from quite a few years ago instead of yesterday or last week. I think "yesterday" was recorded 1966 or somewhere in that vicinity. Mom
mom, apparently your mind is blank...did you read who sent the comment??? it was not my little sis. it was my big sis. she called me this morning and told me she posted a comment and would have the tune named...kari hasn't posted anything in quite a while. i think she has forgotten all about me. too much time at the roadside. she must like kenny more than me. hehehehehe
love you mom.
love you kim.
love you kari (even though you don't call or post comments).
Post a Comment