Tuesday, August 5, 2008

the weather is getting ready for school too

The temperatures here have been absolutley wonderful! 70s and 80s. The evenings seem to be cooling off quicker and the early morning hours seem to stay cooler longer...The other morning Jane and I discussed the coincidence of the lower temperatures and start of school. It seems almost like the weather knows school is about to resume, so the temperatures drop in preperation for the fall. I reckon the temperatures will rise again soon, but I will enjoy it while it is here. I am sure all my family and friends out in the midwest loathe to hear me say things like this, as I am sure they are sweltering in the 90 and 100 degree temperatures and HIGH HIGH humidity!!!

Well, I reckon I should move onto another project...I will try to post some picures of school and maybe some of my students soon.
Love you all to pieces!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll try one more time to comment to your blog. I will have you know that native Iowans don't even notice the high temps and high humidy, just woosies who move out of state and then come back and can't take it anymore!!!! Most of the reason we don't complain, is because we are smart enough to stay inside with AC, those who have to work outside are used to it or call into work sick, we are not dumb.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to sign my name to the previous anonymous comment, so if anyone wants to know who is calling you a woosie, it's just mom. Love ya.

Claudia said...

Ha ha!!! You're mom just called you a wuss!!!! HA!

Anonymous said...

NOTICE;To everyone who reads Katie's Blog, katie has had a shoe of Kelli's since Kelli stayed with her in July. i have asked her numerous times to please mail the shoe back, the poor girl has only flip flops and tennis shoes to wear, the shoe katie has is the match to the only pair of decent dress shoes the girl owns and I have tried to find her another pair of dress shoes, but at this time of year, it is impossible to find a pair of dress summer shoes, they either have the style I want, but not in her size, or her size in a style that is ugly. I want you all to know that katie is a procrastinator, she may hound everybody else, and except them to have things done on time, but when it comes to her poor little neice, she can't manage to get a shoe packaged and delivered to the post office, she has had way over a month to do it, plase, everyone, feel sorry for poor little Kelli, and hound Katie constantly until she has mailed that shoe to Kelli. She has ever promised on numerous occassions that she was taking care of it that day, but has she followed through and really done it? Oh, no, she has too much on her mind, (MICHAEL????????!!!!)Take pity on a poor grandma and little niece and make sure Katie mails us that shoe!!!! She should be held accountable, just like she holds her students accountable to complete their work in a timely manner. If the shoe fits, wear it? or better yet, just mail it!!
Love,Mom

blueirish79 said...

Well, Aunt Kari would really like her key to her apartment back!! She called and asked for my address a while back, but I have yet to recieve my key.....hmmmm. So, on top of Kelli's shoe, could somoene please hound her into mailing my key back to me too??? Please....with sugar and spice and everything nice :-)