Saturday we took them to Cripple Creek. OH MY GOSH!!! Had no idea that mom was ready to celebrate her birthday!!! I don't think mom even knew she was ready to celebrate her last birthday before turning 50!!!
Mom learned quickly what a Harry Navel was. She also learned that they are quite tasty--or that is what she says anyway! So tasty that my mom, the non-drinker, had four of them in about an hours time. She drank Harry Navels and poured her pennies in the penny slots. I think Kim said that she had won about $75 at the penny slots.
Here is one of mommas Harry Navel adventures. (NOTICE: EMPTY BLADDER BEFORE WATCHING--especially if you know my momma and sisters. Cousin Carol, I just hope you get a good life-time laugh outta this video).
I call this one:
the cackling elevator...or
mom walks the line (carpet) or...
three daughters and son-in-law being entertained by mildly buzzed granny
4 comments:
Your mom is so FUNNY!! I'm so glad she had such a nice time!
I think I will be a source of amusement to a lot of people by the time this blog makes the rounds. i will never drink any kind of alcoholic beverage again, maybe. Mom
Katie, I appreciate you trying to give me ten years again, but i don't think you have that kind of power. Next birthday, i will be turning 60 not 50. Nice try
mom...just doing what i can to give you a little more time...and a few more laughs.
love you so much.
Post a Comment