Please do not misconstrue what I am saying. I have never stated who I am for or against. I have never stated that one candidate is better than the other. These two political blogs are about me, my view, my feelings, my beliefs about this election and voting. Nobody has to agree or disagree with me. I never said, and never will say (on my blog) that a vote for Obama or McCain is displeasing to the Lord. FOR ME, I want to hear the Lord say "Well done my good and faithful servant." I want to hear that in every decision I make, including my vote for presidency, other political officials and amendments on the ticket (although, I know all of my decisions have not earned the Lord saying that to me. I am sinful and I make mistakes).
I want to make a decision, as a friend stated in an email, "that would make Jesus proud." I know it is rather cliche, but I do have to ask myself, "What would Jesus do?" And for me, what it comes down to is this: Does my decision (in this election), do my actions (in all areas of life) reflect the Word of God? Does my life and actions coincide with the faith I proclaim? Do I stand for what I believe in regardless of what my friends and the world says? Am I doing what God has called me to do? If not, then I need to rethink my life, decisions and actions. I need to decide and act upon that decision. Am I going to listen to the Lord and follow Him, or am I going to follow the ways of the world?
I have prayed long and hard about who to vote for, how I should vote and why I am going to vote. The Lord has put it on my heart for quite sometime now to blog these feelings on my heart. It just so happens that when I ignored His nudging, He dropped things in my lap that I just could not argue with and knew I could no longer put this off ("Hank Speaks Out"). Another job of mine, as a Christian, is to speak the truth in love. To profess the truth without doubt. I hope that I have spoken the truth in love. Nothing in my blogs (particularly the political ones) was meant to stir up ill feelings or make anyone angry. I am simply stating my position. I simply pray that my vote is a vote in favor of life, a vote that is pleasing in the eyes of the Lord.
I will say again, that when I go to the polling booth, my vote will be cast with prayers that God's Way, Truth, Life and WILL be done.
1 comment:
I lovingly agree with what you say. Ulitmately, whoever we choose to vote for, we need to know that we are making the right decision for ourselves in what we think is pleasing to God. In the end, regardless of who we vote for, you are my best friend and I love you dearly. (Obama's better:))
Post a Comment