Sunday, October 26, 2008

One Vote. My Vote. Why I vote.

My God will use his wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need. Philippians 4:19
This election season has been a rough one. There are a lot of issues for candidates to cover. Of these issues, voters must decide where their priorities lie and then decide which candidate will best best address them.
For me, my faith in God is what helps me to decide what my priorities are. In my life, the Bible is the One Truth. In the world, the Bible is not exactly valued by the media or many of the poiticians leading our country. In a self-indulgent world, the One Truth I acknowledge is often scoffed and set aside so selfish ambitions and desires can be met. Putting the Truth on the shelf makes it easier to act upon and justify decisions that would otherwise weigh heavily on the conscience. Praise Him from whom all blessings flow that His faithfulness towards us does not depend upon our faithfulness in Him!As Americans we have a myriad of freedoms that we take for granted. These freedoms did not, do not and never will be free. Being a woman and able to vote is a freedom not every American woman has known. The ability to vote is a freedom many people do not value. Upon entering the polling booth on November 4, 2008, I will act upon this privelege with many hopes and prayers that my vote will represent the Truth.
I am not a political guru or spitfire. I have thoughts and opinions on things--which to most would be considered a bit on the conservative side of the political ring. If walking my faith into the polling booth and voting for a canidate that I feel represents the same Truth that I acknowledge, then conservative I will be and conservative I will vote.

I will vote for life. I will vote for education. I will vote for children. I will vote for public servants. I will vote for the military. I will vote for those who cannot vote. I will vote for truth. I will vote for freedom. I will vote for America. Above all things, my vote will be cast with many prayers for God's Way, Truth, Life and Will to be done.
If you so desire, here is a clip and some one page articles to check out.

(4 minute video clip)
http://68.178.170.193/index.php


Click on the link "Hank Speaks Out" (By the way, Hank Hanegraaff is one of my most favorite radio talk-show hosts. He is profoundly intelligent and can speak the Truth with knowlege and eloquence that I can only hope to possess).
http://www.equip.org/site/c.muI1LaMNJrE/b.2106253/

Here are a few "Hank Speaks Out" articles that I have found profound and important.

(Barak twists Scriptures)http://www.equip.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=muI1LaMNJrE&b=2616123&ct=5761325

(Fetus Fatigue)
http://www.equip.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=muI1LaMNJrE&b=2616123&ct=6242241

(Religiousity with Bill Maher)http://www.equip.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=muI1LaMNJrE&b=2616123&ct=6242255

(Barak's take on when life begins and partial-birth abortion)http://www.equip.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=muI1LaMNJrE&b=2616123&ct=5475591

(Having an Eternal Perspective)
http://www.equip.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=muI1LaMNJrE&b=2616123&ct=5661165

(Sarah Palin on abortion)http://www.equip.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=muI1LaMNJrE&b=2616123&ct=5912733

No comments: