There are so many things to consider in every election, but this one, in my opinion, has a different feel. I feel like there are deeper issues at stake, issues that have not been discussed, debated or even mentioned. I feel like there is something more lurking behind this election.
I think of the Harry Potter stories and movies. Harry knows there is something differnt and he is affected by it, but he does not know or understand exactly what it is. As he continues in his schooling and grows older, he learns more and the more he learns, the more frightening and life-threatening it becomes. Then you see it played out in the movies. Lord Voldemort lurking around, slowly creeping and crouching in on Harry, inflitrating his life with pain, confusion, anguish. He constantly battles the forces of good and evil. Evetually, the entire ugly truth shows itself, and only after years of pain, suffering and death is Harry, and everyone else, able heal and move on. Is something similar to this in our future? Are we going to experience a new kind of turmoil or repeat historical wars?
I believe there is more going on behind the scenes of this election. The media does a fabulous job of manipulating information for their gain, but at the same time, even if they did not manipulate things to spout their desires, I believe it would be difficult for the honest-to-goodness truth to be told anyway. I think some people are trying to tell the truth, but as soon as a glimmer of it is heard and seen, something else is put out there that tarnishes it again.
I am not set on either candidate. There are things about both of them them that I do not like or agree with (one more so than the other). I realize that I am not going to get the perfect President or get everything I want when the next President is elected. The job of the President is not an easy one, and the next term is probably going to be one of the toughes terms the America has seen in quite some time. Our world is a mess and there are a lot of corrupted people leading and protecting our country.
I want to know that I am safe whe I go to bed at night. I want to know that the freedoms I woke up with this morning will still be there a year from now. I want to know that our service men and women are not and have not fought in vain to give us the freedoms we value most.
There are a lot of things to consider in this election, but for me, what it boils down to is this: When my vote is cast will it be a vote in which the political party of our choice is pleased or one in which our Lord Jesus is pleased? I want to hear Him say to me: "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
3 comments:
It is always good and wise to do the research and make the choice of the person that fits most of your desires. Neither candidate may fit your desires 100%, but you are correct. You need to be wise in your decision.
I wanted to edited to add...
I meant to say the choice that fits what you believe in (by saying "desires", I think the conotation might be misconstrued). If I vote Obama, it doesn't mean I'm not voting the way Jesus would or that I'm not pleasing him. Simple as that.
I feel there is more at stake in this election than in any election in our history and so many people are voting solely on party lines or without really thinking thru what is being said. i have problems with both candidates. Voting for change sounds good, but I haven't heard much about what the change will envolve , just change from what Bush has done. I hear a lot about foreign policy, and candidates lack of experience, but what good is experience that is going to repeat the mistakes of the past, yes we need change, but what kind of change do we need? For me it is an extremely frightening election, because I don't feel either candidate has the "right stuff" So for me it is a decision of which candidate will do the least harm, I just hope congress has a majority of the opposite party as the president, so as to keep whoever is elected in line. Mom
Post a Comment