Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Roatan, Honduras

Roatan was our second stop. There wasn't much to experience here, unless you had reserved an excursion (which we didn't) or wanted to pay taxi fare of $20 per person one way, consequently, we did not shell out $80 to check out the island of Roatan. Instead, we walked around, checked out the port and all the shops and sweltered in the heat. We tppl the chair (a.k.a. ski lift) lift from the port to Mahogany Bay Beach.

A view from the ski lift. All green and no snow.

I really was intrigued by the trees in Roatan.



A postcard view of the island beach.

A view of the water from the ski lift. The lighter part is white sand. The darker portion are some kind of plant with leaves in the shape of bananas.

The view of the beach.



We decided to go on a little walk to check out the area around Mahognay Beach. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooo hot. I pitched a fit. I was not interesed in walking up a hill just to see trees. Michael was walking a ways a head of me, I was dragging my feet a ways behind, grumbling the whole time. "This is not fun." "This isn't my idea of a vacation." "This isn't how I want to spend my time in port." "It is hot." "I want to go to the beach." "I am just going to sit here and wait for you to come back." Michael handled my fit throwing in stride. He patientlyu coerced me to conintue. We came to the bottom of the hill, to a small dirt road and lots of trees. It really was a nice walk, even though it was hotter than the blazes.

Michael proudly showing off his #1 dad, dorky, tourist aura. Cheesy smile, camera and all.
































No comments: