BEWARE: If you are in support of the Health Care Bill that was passed and if you believe in what Mr. Obama's adminstration is doing to our blessed country, you may want to read no further. This is where I am choosing to exercise my freedom of speech. These are my thoughts and fears.
I am the first to admit a level of ignorance when it comes to the political sciences, economics and the intracacies of history. However, I am not stupid. I can connect the dots. I can see what's going on. All that has transpried sinces Mr. Obama took the Presidentail Office does not look as promising or as charming as Mr. Obama made things sound.
The irony is poignant.
During the Presidentail elections and the months proceeding it, the media shined the lights on Mr. Obama, the Democratic Party and all the wonderful changes his administration promised to bring to the American constituents. Senator McCain and Governor Palin crumbled in comparison on all levels. They attacked the Repbublican Party and painted McCain and Palin in a rather dismal light. But now, how the table has turned. The Repbulican party isn't necessairly taking the positive spot in the light, but they certainly are in a brighter light now than they were last November.
I am proud to be an American. This is my home. I am indebted to our American soldiers who have sacraficed themselves to ensure my life, my liberty and my pursuit of happiness. What has happened to our government? What are we fighting for? What is the purpose of a democracy, what do we have a House of Representatives for when "we" are not being represented?
I see the irony in how things have changed for the media regarding the Repbulicans and Democrats. Now, all of a sudden, the media is not so die-hard Democratic. I think the media is confused. I think America is confused. We were promised change. I remember the words of Mr. Obama, standing up for those of us on "Main Street" and how important it is that "Main Street" deserves and needs a bail out just as much, if not more than Wall Street. However, I have not been bailed out. I know my parents haven't been bailed out. My husband, hasn't been bailed out. the city I live in, like many cities, hasn't been bailed out, if anything, just buried further under the feet of the big businesses with deep pockets.
I am angry at our government. I am angry that my money is being used to bail out banks and the auto industry. Now I am angry about the Health Care Bill. I understand that some things need to change within the current health care system, and I am sure there things in this new bill that are intended to address and correct those problems. Unfortunatlely, that does not change that there so many things WRONG with the bill on so many levels. Mr. Obama now has to "sell" the bill to the people. Good luck and may the best man win. Enjoy the Iowa winter!
Oh, and with all this bail out crap, and health care crap and...and...and...the politians can say what they want and try to appease us with flowery words and empty promises, but it doesn't change the fact that most of them will never know what it means to be unemployed. They will never know the fear of possibly becoming unemployed. The fear and stress that comes with it is foreign to them. They don't know what it means to have a game plan just in case unemployment rears its ugly head in their home. I thought we were supposed to be bailed out. I thought that the billions of dollars given to banks and mortage comapines and the auto industry was supposed to help us. I thought our economy was supposed to increase and unemployment (and foreclosure and reposession) decrease. Maybe it all looks good in DC, but it sure doesn't here in reality.
I think it says a lot about this bill and how it came to be passed that at least 15 states are setting up their lines of defense to SUE THE AMERICAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THE BILL IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
Let me keep my money and spend it how I want to. Let me take care of myself and give my money to programs that I believe in. The government may govern me, but they do not own me.
I hope things change in November. God is good, and He will work out everything for the good of those who love Him. Romans 9:28
2 comments:
Couldn't have said it better myself. What has happened to this country? What has happened to individual freedom to choose? Where does the constitution enable congress to tell me I have to purchase health insurance or be fined if I don't? If anyone reading this could please find where the constitution gives congress this kind of power, please point it out to me. So much of what is going on today is grossly unconstitutional. What is so troubling is that generations younger than me, don't even realize what freedoms that have been robbed of, because they have never had them. Government intrusion into every level of our lives is not the republic that life and blood was shed to preserve. We must start making our voices heard in all upcoming elections and send packing those politians who do not uphold the constitution and hold accountable all elected officials. This is the only way we can regain our country and our rights. Love, Mom
Amen, Sister! I have felt this way for a looong time (since January 2009 at least) and it just keeps getting worse! What I like most about your blog is the last part of it. God has it all under control. Thank the Lord for that. I can't wait until the next election...talk about change...Love ya to pieces KTKEWLKAT!
xo, Awesy Blossey
Post a Comment