Good night, fellow readers...if there are any left!
It has been five months today since I have updated this blog. I must get back to my research proposal and literature review, but before I do, I will give you a quick run down of our life the past five months.
Today: Michael and I celebrated our second anniversary. We've had a quiet day togehter not doing much but being together...and doing homework. Guess we will have to celebrate our other second annivesary on December 31st. :)
September: Spent lots of money to get my Jeep fixed--to include a new front wheel drive shaft and new battery. I spent about an hour after shcool one day with a parent and janitor working on my Jeep to get it started. Lessons learned: Do not let your battery grow corrosion! Replace your battery before six years of life has sucked the life out of your battery! When the four-wheel drive makes clunky "something-is-stuck-in-the-fan" noises and pops out of gear, get it fixed!!! Do not take your vehicle to Colorado Springs Dodge for repairs.
August: School started for me. This year is busier than ever with more students and grade levels to work with. I am enjoying working with the fifth graders. It is fun to see how they have grown and progressed since my time with them in first and second grade, some of them have grown by leaps and bounds. In August I finished my first two classes and started my third class for my Education Specialist Degree. This is a degree above a Master's and below a Doctorate, other than a pay raise, I am not sure what exactly I will do with this degree. Being a better teacher would be fine with me. I've enjoyed many tomatoes from my two tomatoe plants (thaks for your help, Linnette).
July: was July. Hot. Some rain. We had friends over to celebrate the 4th of July. This was the first year since I moved to Colorado that I was not in Iowa for the 4th. No two hour long parades showing off every tractor in town. No frightening carnival rides--where one ride cost way more than a season pass to 6 Flags, Worlds of Fun or Adventureland! Oh yeah, and my tomato plants grew!!!
June: Austin, Nick and I rode the train from Osceola to Denver. They were here for about a week. Unfortunalty a majority of that week, it rained, so we didn't get to do much. Sorry, boys. Next time.
May: School let out!!!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. I've been missing your blogs. Now I need pics!! I love you pictures.
Post a Comment