Monday, February 21, 2011

Baptism

I don't know if it was due to being sick, so I was extra emotional or if it was the power of God, moving me to tears during yesterdays church service. Honestly, I wasn't feeling good, but even more honestly, I believe God was doing a work in not only me, but also Mikey.

Mikey has been asking and inquiring quite some time about being Baptized. Growing up in a conservative Lutheran church, and attending a Lutheran university, to not be Baptized as an infant is a bit out of my realm of knowledge, therefore, I am so sooooooooooooo thankful that Mikey is seeking out the knowledge and expressing the desire to be Baptized.

Yesterday was the day. Things seemed a little different than usual, I anticipated an altar call or something of the like to occur at the end of the service. The Pastor said that it had been put on his heart all week to "preach about this". Well, God's timing is impeccable! This also was a week that we had the kids. There is a lot to be pondered from the Pastor's sermon, but nothing more important than the offer to get Baptized.

I saw Mikey staring towards the Baptismal Font (or pool). I also knew that he was too apprehensive to take that leap. I rubbed his back and gave him a reassuring smile. He gave me one of his adorable, "thanks, i love you, i just don't know" smiles. Michael told him to go! We walked over with him and the Pastor took Mikey and Michael in the back to get ready.

Mikey took that leap! He proclaimed Jesus Christ as His Lord and Savior (fighting back tears of overwhelming love and joy as I type this)!!!! Yesterday, Michael Bentley Jones, Jr. became a new child, Baptized in Christ!!!

No comments: