Father in Heaven,
To your hands, we bring this child to be washed in the water and covered in the Spirit. An heir of Your Kingdom, we ask You to write his name in the book of Heaven.
Your Child
Look upon Your child with favor in Your eyes.
Baptize Your child with water and Spirit.
Let Your child see You with a new heart.
Dream for Your child a dream of salvation.
Speak to Your child with words of forgiveness.
Cradle Your child in Your arms of comfort.
Shelter Your child from the sin and evil world.
Reassure Your child with peace and love.
Call Your child by name.
Michael Bentley Jones, Jr.
A gift of prayer:
For you always, I will pray.
Pray for your life, that the Lord will protect.
That He will guide, uplift and restore you.
That He will shower you with peace, love and grace.
That you will accept Him as your Savior.
your helper, healer and friend.
each moment of your precious life.
A gift of love:
That through my power you will know my love
and above all,
know the power of His abundant love.
Love that unveils your heart,
that you might see His face,
and that you might hear his voice.
Hear the voice that speaks peace to the raging sea,
who will quiet the cries of the child He loves.
A gift of forgiveness:
that you will leave the prison of your shame
and abide in the glory of His name.
You hold the pain of your guilt
but He sees the heart of His precious jewel.
A gift of peace:
That the road will rise up to meet you.
That the sun will shine warm upon your face
the wind will be at your back
and the rain will fall softly at your feet.
Both prayer and poems were written by me for the Baptism of my cousins, Alesha and Kobe. I wrote them and give them as gifts of love when children enter God's family through the profession of faith and act of Baptism.
Alesha, Kobe, Austin, Nick, Kelli, Karina, Sam, Eric and Mikey: I Love you all so very much and I pray for each of you. I pray that you will always seek God and find Him first in your life.
1 comment:
Well, I finally got to looking at your blog. Everyone is gone and its quiet and just me. Thanks for the eye washing, Tell Michael that I am extremely thankful that he took for leap for the LOrd. He will never be sorry he did. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment