Friday, July 29, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Ahhhhhh. Home again.
I am home in Colorado. After being home in Iowa for two weeks in mid-late July, I truly came to appreciate the dry weather of Colorado. Every day I was in Iowa, the temps were 100+ degrees with a heat index that hit 115+ degrees. I didn't know that it was possible for it to be too hot to go swimming, but it was. Driving through the rolling hills from Osceola to Des Moines, I forgot how lovely the fields of corn are. I do miss the family-ness of a small town. Catching up with a bank teller, laughing with cashiers at the local (Casey's) gas station. Waving to folks you know as you pass them on the road. Bumping into folks you know at the local (Fareway) grocery store. Getting you meat cut and packaged exactly how you want it from the meat counter at the grocery store. Nobody is in a rush to get where they're going---heck it takes 10 minutes or less to get to one side of town to the other, so why be in a rush?

Te best part of my stay was when Kari came home from the hospital! She is recovering from the virus and the Gall Bladder surgery. She came to mom and dad's Wednesday evening, so I was able to see her before I left come back here.

The other best parts of my stay were just being with my family. I just do not get to see them often enough or spend enough time with them.

I love you Mom.
I love you Pop.
I love you Kim.
I love you Kari.
I love you Johnny.
I love you Bubba.
I love you Nick.
I love you Jellybean.
I love you Karina.
I love you Sammy-Wammy-Bam-Bam


Say prayers for Kelli (a.k.a. Jellybean or Bean). She is in New Orleans competing in the Junior Olympics for Gymnastics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too sissy! I was soooo happy to see you while you were back...even if I was non-comunicative, and sleeping most of the time. It meant a lot to me :-)