While back home in the blazing hot state of Iowa, I had the wonderful blessing of spending lots of time with my family, especially my five nieces and nephews. Sometimes it sounds crazy that my sister has 5 kids, but really, that is just our family. Lots and lots of kids. There are always kids and relatives around. Growing up, we had soooooooooooo much fun on holidays and family get togethers because there were soooooooooooooo many aunts, uncles and cousins.
Sammy is about nine months old. He is a momma's boy, but more than that, I think he is a sissy's boy. He LOVES himself some Kelli. He can be screaming mad and he catches a glimpse of her, his whole face lights up. And as much as it annoys Kelli at times, seemingly not having a moments peace from him (and Karina), she can't resist Sam anymore than he can resist her. It really is an adorable relationship to see.
One day I was holding Sam, lovin' on him and having a good ole time. Then, Kelli walked in. He smiled so big and his eyes just lit up and sparkled like twinkling stars. I made note of how Sam's eyes sprakle when he sees Kelli. "Sam has smarkly eyes for Kelli." Kelli looked at me in confused amusment trying to make sense of my jumbled up words. We had a good laugh. From that moment on, I'd make jokes about Sam's smarkly eyes whenever Kelli was around. She would smile an adorable, proud glowing smile, and he'd giggle and squeal and smile with smarkly eyes.
I have some great "smarkly eyes" pictures, but blogger is being a pain in the patoot and won't upload the pics. So maybe on another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment