Sunday, November 20, 2011

Showers of Blessings

Last weekend, Michael celebrated Veteran's Day in two very important ways. On Friday, he spent all day on Friday installing insulation in our garage. There is a temperature difference of at least 10 degrees between the garage and outdoors! Although we will have the benefit of a warmer home and hopefully lower utility bill, Michael paid dearly in the back. He was out of commission for three days. Blessings still abound. Then, on Saturday, he spent a portion of the day putting up the baby crib (THANK YOU, KRISTY) and we went through all the baby things that have graciously and lovingly been given to us. Some of the items were fond memories for Michael, as he reminisced and told stories of when Catherine and Jr. as babies. It was quite adorable seeing him pull of of their baby things out.

Yesterday, Claudia threw a wonderful baby shower for little miss Baby J and her anxious and excited momma (and pappa). So many wonderful friends came and showered Baby J with many blessings and love. Words cannot express the gratitude and appreciation that Michael and I have for each and every person that celebrated with us yesterday and have celebrated with us along the way.

Many thanks and love to:
Claudia, Robynn, Becky, Darr
Kristy, Amy, Trish, Savannah, Lisa, Marti

Cynthia,Tammy, Audrey, Sara, Mamma Jean, Jenny, Katie
Brenda and Troy
The Garrett Girls
Monika
LaLonna
Amanda
My mom, sisters and cousins
(Hopefully I am not forgetting anyone)

I love you all so much.
May God bless and keep each of you in His loving arms.

                                          Michael holding Baby J as much as he can right now
                                          Claudia visiting with Baby J



Baby J, Katie  and Michael







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KTKEWLKAT! You look "mah-vel-ous"! I am so happy about your baby! I really miss you. Love reading and catching up with you all, too. Happy Thanksgiving! Love you bunches...
xo, Awesy-Blossy