Until Jocelyn, I only knew Michael as a daddy to teenagers. He is a good daddy to them. He is a disciplinarian but also finds time to play with them, listen to them and terrorize them a bit. The three of them love to rough house. As a family, we enjoy playing card games and even a little Wii every now and then.
Now we have a baby, and I get to see a new wonderful daddy side of Michael. He is enamored with Jocelyn, much like I believe he was with Mikey and Catherine as babies and tots. He will hold her and just stare at her with a twinkle of love in his eyes.
When he gets home from work, he always gives her a kiss and tells her how much he loves her and that he missed her (much like Catherine does). He thanks me for giving him such an adorable, loveable baby girl.
Starting Monday, Michael gets to be a stay-at-home daddy. Boy, oh, boy! Is Michael looking forward to spending all kinds of time with Jocelyn. He talks about all the plans he has for their days---one of which will be to come visit me for lunch at least once a week. He has been looking forward to this time for four months!
Since having Jocelyn, I not only see a new daddy side of him, but I also love him in a new way.
God has so richly blessed us and I cannot thank him enough for my wonderful, loving and handsome husband, for Mikey, Catherine and Jocelyn.
1 comment:
God does answer prayers, we just have to be patient. Good things come to those who wait. But it is so hard to wait, but wasn't it worth the wait? I'm so grateful that you have been so blessed, cherish it. Mom
Post a Comment