Monday, September 1, 2008

A day in Aurora

Yesterday, Michael and I went up to Aurora and spent the day with the Smih's. For those of you who know Nate and Tyler, know that their life's ambition is to harass mme about being short, being from Iowa, about anything they can think of. When I moved out here. Nate and Tyler shared their ambition with their dad, Rick and younger brother, Luke. To my dismay and their amusement, Michael fits right in...He harasses me just as much as they do and they just love that they have another person on their side.


Becky was talking about how difficult it was to explain "Uncle Sam" to her English Language Learners. Luke went on to explain what "Uncle Sam's" purpose was. Someone said that Uncle Sam was in 4th of July parades...I protested the comment, as I do not recall ever seeing Uncle Sam in any of the 4th of July parades. He ran with that comment...He said that one person twirling a sparkler did not account for a parade. I tried to think of a witty response, but nothing came to mind. I had to admit that there was nothing I could say. A good chuckle at my small town expense. But even the small town 4th of July parades are better than no parade at all!!!

Here are a few pics of Nate and Claudia's darlings. I cannot believe how big they are getting! Natalie has a small hit of red hair and has such a plesant disposition. Steven is a toddler, on a one boy mission to do everything with everyone in double time.

Steven helped me finish my oreo and peanut butter cup blizzard.


claudia and natalie talking and squealing and playing.
natalie grabbing my face and hair...pulling in for a big slobbery kiss.
natalie took a liking to michael. she eyed and squealed and giggled when she saw him.
luke and steven naming things in a book. steven is so darn cute.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Does anyone have any guesses about what Steven was saying when looking at the mountains?