It's just me.
Kids are at their mom and step-dad's house.
Hussybun is out with the guys doing guy things.
Just me and the tick-tock of the grandfather clock and the kicks, flips and turns of little miss
Baby J. Not bad for a Saturday evening. Finally, a little silence. A little time for me. A little time to relax and reflect. A little time to be still. To be still and know that He is God. Even in the still, quiet and loneliness, there is to be found brilliant sparks of light that fill my heart with rainbows embracing the small moments that are reserved just for God and His beloved.
We visited our dear friends, the Moffett's last night. Their house is always a friendly, loving open and inviting. It is filled with excitement and wonder of their three young grandbabies. I spoke to my dear friend, Allison, this morning (which reminds me that I need to call her back). Although we haven't seen each other in more than a year, we can pick up where we left off, just like we were back in college---only with husbands, children and responsibilities we'd never imagined. Our wonderful friend, Kevin, stopped by for a few hours this afternoon. He brought me lunch in exchange for teaching him a few words and phrases in ASL. Seems he is courting a lovely young lady who is deaf. They are going on a second date tomorrow, and he wanted to be able to communicate with her in her language. The miles that seperate friends, the circumstances that prevent connection bring on the clouds and rain, but the vibrant colors painting the sky outnumber the miles and raindrops that come between.
I talked to my mom this morning, seems my niece Karina is much like her sister and dad when it comes to the command and manipulation of writing and cutting tools. Seems she has an artists eye and hand---just like the Bean and her dad. Also seems as if the Sammy-wam-bam-bam is inventive in the toys that give him the most entertainment and pleasure. Brooms, dustpans, garbage cans, phones, remotes and boxes attached to jump ropes. Who could ask for anything more? I talked to Kim yesterday and told her the woes and "what the heck is gonna happen when/if" of pregnancy. I told her some of the embarrassing details of what is happening to me---details that no pregnant person ever divulged---probably because it was too embarrassing. She laughed and assured me that when she comes out in a few weeks for Thanksgiving, that she will share all kinds of pregnancy stories with me. You know, I just might be bold and post all these embarrassing, "what the heck is going on" pregnancy happenings. Someone might as well share---and readers won't have to buy a book to get the "this is what happened to me" pregnancy stories. There has been rain and rumbling of thunder and rolling of clouds, but the colored bows have drowned out the brewing storms.
I love teaching kindergarten. It is kicking my rooty-patooty, but I love it. It is just what the doctor ordered for my sanity, joy, faith and desire for change. I prayed and prayed that I would get to teach kindergarten in the morning and do interventions in the afternoon. I prayed that God would answer my prayer and provide the job that was best for me and the students. I got exactly what i wanted!!!! Shortly after the school year started, I was overwhelmed by the number of darling, excited, and exuberant 4-5-6 year olds I had in my tiny little classroom. I didn't want to give up my interventions, but I knew that 30+ kindergartners was not what was best for them...or for me. I prayed that God would orchestrate a change according to His will and what was best for the kiddos and me. I told my principal that we were ready to split the class. A day or so later he told me it was going to happen the following Monday! It has been a wonderful change for the students, parents and myself. I pray for the students and myself each day on my way to work. The days I forget to pray are the days my patience is tested the most. There has been rain, but rainbows have out numbered the drops of rain.
2 comments:
Have not checked your blog lately, but it always brings tears to my eyes. I miss you oh so much! I just want to pat your great big belly and say hello to little miss ??. What will she be like? All I do know is that she will have dark curly hair and that she will be greatly loved. Love, Mom
Mom, I wish you could pat my big fat belly and say hello to Baby J too. I miss you so much.
I love you to.
Post a Comment